The procurement and contracting profession is in the midst of unprecedented change. The transformation is being driven by globalization in consumer and supplier markets, as well as by rapid technological advances that facilitates procurement on any scale.
This certification course focuses on applying project management tools to sourcing success, including e-commerce and internet strategies; supply-chain management technology, including eRFx systems, auction sites and bid optimization; strategic sourcing initiatives; offshore and international sourcing, and much more.
This course provides guidance on supplier relationships and partnerships, opportunities for cost reduction, electronic and paperless management, global sourcing opportunities and more.
At the completion of the course, delegates take the 80 multiple choice question and upon passing, will be awarded ‘Project Management Professional in Procurement and Contracting (PMPPC)’ from the International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute.
- Develop global procurement plans stemming from organizational goals
- Establish the process of developing the total landed cost of acquisition
- Examine the different methods of procurement available in global sourcing
- Discover the different methods of acquisition (direct, off-shore buying office, etc.) for global sourcing
- Learn how global negotiations differ from domestic
- Discuss how different business customs and courtesies of key nationalities affect the offshore sourcing
- Gain insights into the different laws governing contracts from offshore suppliers (CISG and Domestic Contract Law) and how they impact on risk of buyer contract performance
- Explain the various customs laws, regulations, and tariffs and how they affect the supply management process.
- Analyze several global trade barriers and how they affect the global sourcing process
- Find out provisions/clauses appropriate for inclusion in the international contract for purchase
- Based on economic, political, and trade-related factors, Determine whether to denominate a contract in dollars or in the (foreign) currency of the offshore supplier.
- Understand how currency devaluations and revaluations of foreign currencies affect the prices paid by domestic buyers and foreign suppliers
- Master the documentation required in international trade
- Explore the several different methods of payment available for offshore purchases and which of those are most advantageous to the buyer
This program is uniquely designed and will be of particular benefit to Chief Executive Officers, Chief Financial Officers, Chief Operating Officers and Chief Sourcing Officers, Directors, Heads, Vice Presidents and Senior Managers of the following departments:
- Supply Chain
- Supplier Enablement
- Worldwide Engineering
- Supply Assurance
- Production/Strategic Sourcing
As well as any other managers with responsibilities for developing strategies and managing the supply chain from capital projects through manufacturing, marketing and customer services as well as those covering sourcing, systems, finance and distributions within a company or an organization
The American Certification Institute is an US –based apex certification institute. It was founded in the USA in 1999. Headquartered in Lewes, Delaware, USA it has numerous alliance partners in different parts of the world.
These alliance partners represent ACI in their respective countries and conduct ACI programs in collaboration with ACI. ACI has developed several business‐related certification programes and after conducting tests, awards these certifications.
The ACI Certified International Human Resource Professional is a career‐long commitment that shows your peers, your employees and your organization that you have mastered the core HR principles and that you are dedicated to staying current in your profession. To become certified, you must meet stringent professional and educational requirements before taking the exam.
One of the best training I have attended. The training was educative & interactive. Topics treated by Dr. Imeri were all relevant in the modern Project Management. I have learned a lot and would love to attend more of such training.
Dr. Imeri is a great trainer and intelligent, he was able to break every topic down and carried everyone to participate along. I recommend this training to all those who are involved in Project Managers.
The training is practical and interactive. It will immediately have direct impact on the job I do and will benefit the organization and myself. It’s a course I advise every Project Manager to undertake.